- Can I help you has to be the worst way to start a conversation with your customer, if they say no, what’s your comeback? The objective hear is to start a conversation, ask questions that will generate two way dialogue.
- Do not ignore your customer. Your customer is job one, ensure they take precedence over all other tasks at hand. Help guide the customer through the buying experience. Accompany them to the department they need rather than it’s over in the far corner.
- Make all customers feel welcomed, new customers should get the same warm and fuzzy feeling regulars get. Customers who feel comfortable dealing with you will be more inclined to give you their business.
- Think about how you want to be treated as a customer and make that your goal, ensure that your staff knows that expectation and they have bought into it.
- Always tell your customer that their business is appreciated. Don’t be afraid to ask if their expectations were met, better they tell you and give you the opportunity to resolve any issues rather than have them tell anyone who will listen.
- Follow up with your customer after the sale.
These are just a few basic steps to take to make your customers experience a positive one.